Easy and Best Crepe Recipe
Easy and Best Crepe Recipe, Today we share a delicious recipe with you. The recipe is pretty easy and very tasty. Good option for breakfast.
KeywordCrepe Recipe, Crepes, How to Make Crepes
Prep Time2 hours
Cook Time20 minutes
Total Time2 hours 20 minutes
Servings16 crepes, depending on pan size
- 4large eggs
- 2 1/4cups milk
- 2cups all purpose flour
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 1/4cup melted butter or canola oil
- good pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in order as listed in a blender and blitz until smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape the sides and blend again briefly until batter is lump-free. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, but 2 is ideal.
- Place nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat* to preheat. Melt a little butter or oil in the bottom of the pan and swirl to coat. With the hot skillet in one hand and the batter in the other, slowly and steadily pour crepe batter into the center of the pan, tilting the skillet around to spread the batter evenly across the bottom in a very thin layer. It takes some practice but after 3 or 4 times, you can get consistently even crepes.
- After 10-15 seconds, the crepe batter shouldn’t look shiny anymore, it should appear more matte and the bottom should be lightly browned. So, flip it over and cook another 10 seconds or so. Remove from pan and repeat this process until no more batter remains.
- I like to pile my crepes into a pie plate covered with some foil throughout the cooking process to keep them all warm, a trick my Mom does. Serve immediately with whatever toppings you desire.
– A few notes about making crepes: The first one usually doesn’t work perfectly. I don’t know why. Just eat this one as a quick snack and continue on. No one needs to know 😉
– You only need to add more butter or oil to the hot pan every 3 crepes or so to ensure the crepes flipping perfectly, although adding it every time certainly isn’t a bad thing!
– Practice makes perfect.*The medium to medium-high heat is an approximation because all stovetops are different. If your crepes are cooking in about 30 seconds total, you are at the right temperature.
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 77mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 0.9mg
Video description of the recipe is below